As you become a new parent, the one thing you are not prepared for is the helplessness that you feel when your loved little one starts crying non-stop.
And when the baby starts crying non-stop at 1 AM in the morning, there is no way you can go looking for a doctor. You need to soothe the baby and ease whatever discomfort your baby has. The baby can cry for a lot of reasons. But one common or frequent cause that a baby cries for, is colic.
What is Colic?
Colic is a condition where tiny air bubbles get stuck in the babies’ digestive tract or stomach. These bubbles are formed when the baby sucks the milk but sucks in the air also inadvertently. This air gets stuck in the babies’ digestive tract or stomach.
These tiny air bubbles create a lot of discomfort for the baby. And overtime becomes very painful and makes the baby cry.
So, what does one do to aid Colic?
For starters get a good Gripe Water like Woodward’s. It will come in handy in times like these. Woodward’s Gripe water helps soothe the baby’s colic related pain.
What is Woodward’s Gripe Water?
Woodward’s Gripe Water is a special Ayurvedic formulation that has been trusted by mothers for over 170 years now. It contains ayurvedic herbs like Sarjikakshara, Dil Seed oil etc. Woodward’s is specially formulated keeping the tender needs of babies and infants.
Woodward’s Gripe Water has been used by several generations now to treat and relieve colic related problems for babies. Its Ayurvedic Formulation has remained the same in India and always been a mother’s ally to treat colic.
Is Woodward’s Gripe Water Safe?
Of course, yes. Woodward’s is safe. Like we said above, Woodward’s Gripe Water is a special formulation made using Ayurvedic Ingredients. It is carefully manufactured using ayurvedic herbs like Sarjikakshara and Dil Seed oil.
Secondly, Ayurveda is a science about life. Ayur means Life and Veda means science. So, a product made by the Science of Life will always be safe.
Thirdly, Woodward’s Gripe Water is being used since 1851. That’s a long time. For generations, Woodward’s has been the only trusted Gripe Water in India.
And when millions of mothers give Gripe Water to their babies and this has been happening for over 170 years, how it not be safe.
How does Woodward’s Gripe Water Work?
Woodward’s Gripe Water works by gently bringing together all the air bubbles that are tiny in nature. So, when all the tiny air bubbles come together and becomes a bigger bubble, the baby is able to burp the bubble immediately.
As Woodward’s Gripe Water is formulated for babies, it is tender and easy on the babies’ gut.
One of the other things that Woodward’s Gripe Water helps with is ensuring that the baby gets adequate sleep. With Colic related pain easing, the baby starts feeling comfortable and starts sleeping. It is believed that the Baby grows – both physically and mentally in its sleep. So, the more comfortable the baby feels, the more it will sleep. And the more it sleeps, it becomes more stronger.
It is believed that, Woodward’s Gripe Water also helps babies during its teething phase. Babies tend to cry a lot during teething because the teeth are trying to form through the gums and it is a painful thing to happen. Babies tend to bite something, anything during this phase to relieve the discomfort.
Where can I buy Woodward’s Gripe Water?
Woodward’s Gripe Water is the market leader. This means that it is very widely distributed and is available at almost all leading chemists apart from some of the grocery stores. Woodward’s Gripe Water is also available in all the leading ecom sites like Amazon, Flipkart, Firstcry , Apollo Pharmacy and so on.
When should I give Woodward’s Gripe Water?
It is always advisable to give Woodward’s 3 times a day after the feed. This will help the baby to clear any colic related problems as well as aid in digestion. This will ensure that the baby feels comfortable and sleeps well.
You can also give Woodward’s Gripe Water in case the baby cries incessantly.
The dosage of Woodward’s will depend on the age of the baby. The dosage is clearly mentioned in the pack. It is advisable to give breast milk for the first 6 months. Post that, as you start weaning the baby with solids, you can start Woodward’s Gripe Water too.
Always use a spoon or a Woodward’s feeding spoon to give Woodward’s Gripe water. Never use the cap of the bottle or any other sharp things to feed Gripe Water to the baby. And never ever give it straight from the bottle too.
Are there other ways to relieve colic and make the baby feel comfortable?
While Woodward’s Gripe Water is a good solution to relieve colic, you can also try the following:
- Pat the baby after the feed: Every time after the feed, take the baby and put it over your shoulder and gently pat the back until burps. This burp releases the gas and makes the baby comfortable.
- Swaddle: You can also try swaddling the baby with a warm cloth. Make sure you don’t tightly wrap the baby as that would also make it uncomfortable. And if you keep the cloth loose, it would have no effect. So, you need to be careful but also make sure it snugly holds the baby and makes it feel comfortable.
- Hold the baby in your arms: Generally, we tend to hold the baby face up. Especially a crying one. Instead try the reverse. Hold the baby in your arm with its stomach resting on your arm. This will apply gentle pressure on the stomach and the gas might release making the baby comfortable.
- Pacifier: The go to solution is a Pacifier. Babies tend to suck a lot. Sucking helps them feel distracted from the colic problems and tends to soothe them.
- Walk, Rock or Ride: Put the baby on your shoulder and arms and walk around a bit. Especially after the feed. The warmth of your body and the movement will distract them and lull them to sleep. Or place the baby in a baby carrier or a stroller and rock them a bit. Or just fasten them to the car seat and go for a drive. This will also soothe them and lull them to sleep.
- Baby Massage: Try giving the baby a massage. Gently massage the stomach with two fingers or the back and even the foot. The warmth created by the massage will help the baby to sleep well.
But remember, always keep a Woodward’s Gripe Water handy. One it is a trusted solution for generations and secondly when all else fails, Woodward’s is always available to come to your rescue.